There has to be a change in the world today. I believe it is time for me to start weeding
out my friends lists. There is way too
much name calling, mudslinging, bullshit, ETC with religion, the election and
just all around everything. I’m sorry
if I offend anyone. I'm sorry if you do NOT like what I have to say or what I'm about to do. Please do NOT ask me where I stand politically because you will NOT get an answer.
In 1988 I lived in a very small town about an hour north of
Chicago, called North Chicago. Just
outside of the Naval Training base Great Lakes in Illinois. I was
15 years old; I was young and naive about a lot of things. I had already lived there 3 years and didn’t
like it and was ready to move back to Virginia.
The amount of racism that I had been around in those 3 years I had NEVER
seen in all my life drove me nuts. I had
been demoralized for being ‘white’, downgraded for being a white navy kid, everyone ‘assumed’ because I was white that I
was racist, I had been beaten for being white by black kids in school and then
it got worse when my music preferences changed.
I started to like heavy metal, and then I was not only the white kid in
school but one of the white kids, but one of the ones that liked heavy metal
there for a devil worshiper. I didn’t
know that would make things 1000 times worse than what they already where. I didn’t know this was going to happen but it
did. Now that I’m white, I practice
paganism, listen to country and heavy metal …OMG I must be a devil worshiping
racist witch.
Our principal at the time had enough of the name calling,
the fighting and so on through out the school and the town. He held an assembly
in hopes to try to change things. It did
with a few people, too bad it wasn’t with everyone. It made matters worse with some of the students. He pulled up the Webster’s dictionary and the
definition of a specific word that’s no longer in the dictionary because its
considered an offensive of word. Yup that’s
right you guessed the word, Nigger. The
paper he passed around had the definition printed on it and it said clearly ‘A
Nigger is a person of ANY color, creed, religion, sex, national status,
political party, sexual orientation, social status or economic status’. He gave this 2 hour lecture on how he was so
tired of his students fighting in the 1980’s like it was the 1960’s when he was
a teenager. He talked about the racial
riots, the freedom walks, the freedom speeches and everything he went through
in the 60’s for civil rights. I came home I talked to my mom about what happened it school and how I agreed with him. My mom
told me about the racial riots she went through WHILE she was pregnant with ME
in 1973 just 6 hours SOUTH of there in the SAME state. Come on people this is 2012 this is 39 years
later, aren’t we supposed to progress? And
not digress? Didn’t our parents and grandparents already fight these wars for
us??? So why are we reliving them
again? Isn't this about moronic? So why is everyone throwing around race cards, religion cards and sexual orientation cards?
I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I just can’t sit back idle by anymore and
watch my friends and family demoralize people for the right to choose which way
to believe anymore. I can NOT a part of
it. Being a part of it says that I agree
with it and that does NOT set the right example I want for my children. I want to set a proper good moral value for my children. Not want that says its ok to demoralize someone for their right to believe in something.
And apparently some missed my last post with this and about this.
Yes I am a republican …which means Yes I believe in a solid family structure. This does NOT mean that I believe that its man + woman = marriage. I believe that as long as you are truly happy and are truly in love then you have every right to marry and live a long and happy life together. I believe in marriage. I do NOT believe in cheating. I have major issues with cheating, lying, mistrust, disrespect, in a relationship there MUST BE respect, trust, communication, etc. I could care less if a person is gay, straight or bisexual. What bothers me is cheating and lying. If you’re gay and raising a family more power to you, family is very important. Instill strong family values is what is important. Instill the values of a family structure. Shocker for some of you, I’ve been in relationships secretly with women. Secretly because of fear of being teased, taunted and ridiculed. So no I don't care if you're gay or straight. Republicans lean more towards our rights to bear arms, our military, our vets and our rights to protect ourselves. And right now the republicans are trying to get the pipeline put in from Canada to make it cheaper for fuel and create more jobs. I’m all for more jobs and cheaper fuel, I don’t know about you. Yes I’m an environmentalist on top of it but right now we NEED more jobs created to help our unemployment rate, and with today’s technology they can create this pipeline environmentally sound, we have to believe in that.
Yes I say I am a hillbilly redneck. OOOOOOO the big bad redneck that carries a gun shooting anyone that’s NOT white. The major stereotype which is NOT true. No, I’m not a racist. I could care less what color you are. I’ve dated Guamanians, Filipinos and a couple of black guys. Redneck and Hillbilly are a lifestyle not racism. Yes, there are some that are very racist, but that is NOT me. I’m just a down home country girl that believes in the old ways of life. Folk people if you will. Some of my ancestors came from the hills therefore making me part hillbilly. I’ve seen a couple of black people that are bigger rednecks or hillbilly than me.
I’ve said I’m part hippie. Do I believe in war? No but who does? Apparently some men and countries do. Do I like military? Yes, but no, it’s there to protect us and defend us when needed. Without a strong military we have a weak defense system. Our military is there for a reason, it’s not there to create war, but to protect us from predators and terrorists. I believe in peace, harmony and goodwill towards all man. But we all know that’s NOT going to happen in our life time. I’m the wife of a 17 yr naval vet, the daughter of a 19 yr naval vet, the granddaughter of a marine vet, great granddaughter of a marine and so on. I hate conflict, but thanks to my stubbornness (thanks Russian, Swedish, Scottish and Irish tempers) I will argue something till I’m done and I don’t care if you’re done or not.
Yes I am PAGAN and PROUD. No I’m NOT a devil worshiper. I respect ALL positive spiritual belief systems and religious systems. Don’t push your religion on me and I won’t push mine on you. If you have questions I will answer them as honestly as I can. If I can’t answer your question then I will point you in the right direction. No, I don’t dance around the fire under the full moon naked in my back yard I(as funny as that may be), yes there are some people that do. No I do not make human or animal sacrifices. No I don’t put hexes on people. Yes I say spells, they are not evil, they are positive. Yes I pray to the goddess mother, you may know her as Mother Nature or the woman in the moon. There are many other names for her. I also pray to the Great Spirit. I am pagan because that is my heritage and my ancestral right. I’m Scottish, Irish, Russian, Dutch, English, Swedish, French, German Blackfoot and Cherokee and proud. My family has come from the Highlands of Scotland, the hills of Kentucky, the hills and backwoods of Illinois and the hills of Missouri. Of course I’m proud.
I do NOT believe in this health care reform mainly because it is a form of socialism that is FAILING horribly in other countries. As it is also KILLING people in other countries. Some people can NOT afford heath care which is why they do NOT have it. Taking it out of their pay or taxes could be taking food out of their families mouths, repairs to their homes or vehicles, taking clothes off their families backs, shoes off their feet, school supplies, money away from their utility bills.
Bottom line I don’t care if you’re white, black, brown, purple, green, blue or orange. I don’t care if you’re bi sexual, gay or straight. As long as you’re honest with yourself and others, you don’t cheat on your partner, you have strong family values, instill strong family values on the next generation, you believe in a POSITIVE spiritual religious structure. I believe in peace, happiness and freedom.
I hope this sets a few things straight. I have pagan friends, Christian friends, gay friends, bi sexual friends, straight friends, mixed friends, white friends, black friends, ETC. I really don't care as long as you treat me right.

No comments:
Post a Comment