Tuesday, March 22, 2011

At it again ...

Hello all, I know I haven't done this in a long time.  But things have been mondo busy and hectic.  We've moved.  Gene is no longer in the navy.  Things have changed so much.  Our lives have changed so much.  Our lives are so different now.  I'm hoping for some improvement soon.  Many prayers are needed.  

I quit blogging for a long time because becoming a military spouse was hard keeping up with 3 children, 3 vehicles, a house, and everything else.  Then we found out that our middle child had an autism disorder.  We are so proud of him, not that we aren't proud of our other 2 children, because we are.  We love our 3 children the same, we care about them the same.  No matter what anyone says.  But our love, pride everything for him is a bit different.  Becoming a parent of a special needs child is a whole new world.  Most people don't understand what its like.  Some parents of special needs children either engulf themselves into their worlds, forget about the child or just wish the child away.  We just embrace Riley everyday with hugs and kisses like you wouldn't believe.  He in no uncertain terms will always be our special little boy.  Was from the moment he was born.  We treat him as if he were 'normal' (and trust me I hate that term, and 'different', because to us he isn't any different).  

Since our move I have become more into my 'Pagan' Ways.  I lost my way about a year before Riley was born.  I lost my way totally spiritually.  I lost all connection with any spirituality.  Then I met a friend (Rain) back in August.  She started to open me back up.  OMG You just don't realize how much I appreciate her for that.  I started working again, started reading again.  Yes I had been gardening again prior to meeting her.  And doing odd other little things, but nothing too major.  But after meeting her it was like the flood gates had cracked open.  The moving to NC OMG, the flood gates totally opened up.  I have become so totally in-tuned here.  I have really started reading, learning, teaching myself again.  Becoming more and more positive again.  I'm growing a garden that I care about again.  I'm growing things and I watch them grow and I see them blossom and Its amazing.  I'm researching on different things again.  Its like I'm becoming the old me.  I'm becoming whole again.  I was whole before, but this is different.  Its hard to explain.  I'm writing again.  I so want to go to storage and get every box labeled crafts and just started crafting so bad.  But time and everything limits me.  There is this little voice inside of me that is screaming READ, CRAFT, BE CREATIVE, BE JOYOUS, GARDEN, ...It feels so wonderful to have that voice inside of me again.  Rayne and Riley love to help me plant, they call it playing in the dirt with mommy.  I let the pick out a plant to plant and they love it.  I've let them plant seeds and they love it.  Gene is in love, the next county over they have a Tractor Supply store.  No joke yes they do.  He loves it.   He can get into so much trouble out there if I let him.  

Gene is gradually working on getting the Ranger back up and running.  Then going to get the F150 back up to tip top shape again.  Its a gradual process.  Gene suffers from some slight PTSD.  He's working with the VA to get some benefits, that is a very slow process, let me tell you.  The VA works slower than the military, if that tells you anything.  But their hands are tied for the most part because of all the wars going on.  All the injured service members getting out they have to take care of everyone as best as they can.  And with all of Gene's issues they have to make sure that they assign him properly.  

I hope that everyone is doing well, and everyone has a very safe and happy spring.  Love to all 

BLESSED BE!!!

No comments: